Have to pay for a subscription to Daily Kos Recommended??

chris ledwidge

24 Apr, 2018 03:09 PM

I received Daily Kos Recommended's newsletter for years without paying any subscription fees.Some time ago, I apparently inadvertently sent a batch of emails including DKR to my spam file. I have tried to reinstate these emails without success. My subscription was apparently cancelled. I have gone to your subscription page, trying to resubscribe but cannot find anywhere to do so that doesn't cost $40.When did it change? Can I now get grandfathered in? I'm afraid the cost is prohibitive.
Thanks,
Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Apr, 2018 04:25 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

No, there is no charge whatsoever to be on the DK Recommended email list. The source of confusion is that it IS possible to pay to subscribe as a site user/member, a status which allows one to hide the ads (and get a few more benefits as well). But that is completely separate from the email list management.

There is something amiss with your email subscription, however, so it's a good thing that you asked about it.

Somehow, our emails have been marked as Spam at your address. It might have been an accident, but now it's done.

We can reinstate your subscription to the Daily Kos Recommended Email list -- but there is a step that you yourself must take first.

Only you can request reinstatement directly from Action Network, the agency that manages our email list. For us to do it would be a conflict of interest. You may do so by following this link: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/remove-yourself-from-the-global-blo... They ask for one business day to process your reinstatement request.

Once that day has passed, please follow up to your query here with a confirmation that you've submitted such a request to Action Network. Then we can proceed to reinstate your email.

Meanwhile, it would be a good idea for you to check with your email provider to see what you need so that the emails are not diverted again. It's possible, for example, that you'll need to set your own email filter explicitly to accept our emails. Our emails come from this address: campaigns AT dailykos DOT com (spelled out here to avoid our software filter).

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. 2 Posted by chris ledwidge on 26 Apr, 2018 03:27 PM

I emailed action network on 4/24. Please reinstate my subscription.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Apr, 2018 03:29 PM

Thanks.
    Sorry to be particular about this, but I need to clarify that you followed the link in the original reply to you and completed the form there.

4. 4 Posted by chris ledwidge on 26 Apr, 2018 03:34 PM

Yes, I did. Thanks

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Apr, 2018 03:37 PM

Thank you. I've put your email address back on the list. You should see them arrive no later than tomorrow.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 03:37 PM.

7. chris ledwidge re-opened this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 03:49 PM

8. 6 Posted by chris ledwidge on 26 Apr, 2018 03:49 PM

thanks again. I've missed it.

9. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 06:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac