Article Text Vanished

Slappy Kincaid

10 Apr, 2018 06:00 PM

Logged on today and suddenly I have not text for articles or comments, only title text appears. I can click on the titles and it goes to the article but there is no text at all (and no space where the text should be). Don't understand what happened--I didn't change my settings and didn't even restart my computer between last night and this morning. I'm using Chrome.

1. 1 Posted by SouthernLevelle... on 11 Apr, 2018 10:11 PM

The only thing appearing on DKos this afternoon is Frontpage titles. No text, no sidebar articles, no comments. I'm also on Chrome and have changed nothing. I can't read anything here or even get to my own profile to check new comments. HELP!!

2. 2 Posted by SouthernLevelle... on 11 Apr, 2018 11:26 PM

I really hope the DKos site problems are being fixed. I can't even read the comments to my latest diary or any text of any article. ALL that appears is the titles of the Front Page articles.

3. 3 Posted by SouthernLevelle... on 12 Apr, 2018 12:08 AM

OK, I checked and this problem is only on Google Chrome not on Explorer. I'm able to read the articles on Explorer. But I still hope this is fixed soon,. I went with Chrome because Explorer is so open to internet viruses.

4. 4 Posted by Slappy Kincaid on 12 Apr, 2018 12:23 AM

Must be a conflict with Chrome. Missed having my Pundit Roundup with
    morning coffee last couple days.

5. 5 Posted by SouthernLevelle... on 12 Apr, 2018 01:48 AM

I can't find anything on Chrome to change--and no other site is affected when using Chrome. HELP!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Apr, 2018 11:27 PM

Hello, and thanks both of you for asking.

It looks like both of you have managed to make a comment since you opened this ticket. Of course, you might have done so using a different browser. Chrome is working on Win10 and OSX just fine for me, so that suggests it's something related to your own setups.

If you still have trouble with Chrome, the usual reset process is to clear cookies and cache, close your browser, and reboot your computer. That should help -- unless you've installed an extension that is incompatible with Chrome. There are many of them, unfortunately, and unless you can connect a time this problem started with an installation of an extension, you'll have to do some process of elimination.

If you need more support, please feel free to return.

7. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 12 Apr, 2018 11:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac