Problems recommending some comments

Leslie in KY

08 Apr, 2018 12:51 AM

I have tried two different browsers and my iPad and keep having the same issue. Some comments I can recommend, but many others I don't have the option. I don't have any problem recommending diaries or sharing. I do sometimes have trouble writing a comment and have to click Preview a couple of times before I can get a cursor in the comment box to show up. This happens on my computer and on the iPad.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Apr, 2018 10:12 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Is there any pattern that you can identify for this problem? Remember, comments that are over 24 hours old cannot be recommended (except for Tip Jars, where the window is 7 days) -- though you ought to get an alert to tell you that it's too late to recommend it.

We have seen the problem with the text window not seeming to be ready for typing. Please check also to see that the left-justify button in the tool bar is clicked. It should be the default setting, but sometimes it does not stick. I'll look to see if that's been ticketed.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting. I'll close this ticket but please feel free to reopen it if you have more information about the recommend issue to provide.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2018 10:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac