Comments appearing as NEW repeatedly

AllenMcw

07 Apr, 2018 11:20 PM

Hello,

There is a problem today with multiple diaries where READ comments keep coming back as UNREAD. This is quite annoying, particularly on popular diaries that receive lots of comments.

Thanks
Allen

1. 1 Posted by siab on 08 Apr, 2018 12:00 AM

The last time that happened to me (two days ago), I had two instances of the browser open and didn't realize it. You might try closing down and restarting your browser, just to see what happens. Otherwise, I suspect you'll have to wait until after the weekend for a reply.

2. 2 Posted by AllenMcw on 08 Apr, 2018 12:07 AM

I am a software engineer so I always employ the typical troubleshooting steps. I have also seen this on two different computers today.

This does happen on occasion and then typically the next day or the day after the problem goes away until the next time. :(

3. 3 Posted by AllenMcw on 08 Apr, 2018 04:00 PM

Looks like the problem has cleared up now.

4. AllenMcw closed this discussion on 08 Apr, 2018 04:00 PM.

5. AllenMcw re-opened this discussion on 08 Apr, 2018 04:51 PM

6. 4 Posted by AllenMcw on 08 Apr, 2018 04:52 PM

The problem came back.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Apr, 2018 10:08 PM

I'm sorry, and I know it's frustrating. These intermittent errors are the worst.

We have a lot of other projects in the hopper but I'll add this one to it. What is your setup again? Thank you.

8. 6 Posted by Sara (unverifie... on 03 Aug, 2018 05:28 AM

This happened to me too. Restarting my browser did not solve the problem either.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac