Font size

Tacoo

04 Apr, 2018 08:46 PM

I was reading my 'recommended' email, and suddenly the font size changed. It is so tiny I can't read it. Comments are included, don't have to load them, but aren't complete, with no way to read all of a longer comment.
When I try 'Reader View' it's legible, but won't load completely. Checked old emails, same problem.

Maybe I did something, but how do I undo it?

If it's not something I did, what were you thinking?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Apr, 2018 09:19 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

I'm not quite sure I understand where the problem has arisen, however. Do you mean changes on the site itself, or changes in your email display?

To answer your question in part: Yes, a week ago tomorrow we did change some of the site appearance (and function). The size of the font is the same for the front page and for stories when you view them on their own. But the font size did decrease for the story heads/authors in the right sidebar. Is that what is giving you pause now?

Other than that, I'm not quite sure what's changed on your browser. If you have more details to supply, please feel free to do so.

2. 2 Posted by Tacoo on 04 Apr, 2018 10:34 PM

What changed is not in the email itself, but the font size and layout in the new window that opens when I click on one of the stories in the email.

Forgot to mention that this is on my iPhone. Which is the only access I have right now. But I've been using iPhone only for a long time.

I remember that this happened once before. I'm pretty sure it's something I did, completely unintentionally. But I can't remember how I fixed it

3. 3 Posted by SEG (unverified... on 06 Apr, 2018 01:29 AM

It happened to me too. Suddenly I was unable to read any of the articles on Daily Kos Recommended or Kos Liberation. They came up too small to read. I realized today at my office while on my desktop computer that it's as if Kos doesn't recognize that I'm on my Android phone. The articles I click on come up on my phone just like a webpage comes up. And they are too small to read.

4. 4 Posted by Tacoo on 06 Apr, 2018 09:12 AM

That's it exactly 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, April 5, 2018, 9:29 PM, SEG <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5909193014 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5909193014 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

5. 5 Posted by S Parker (unver... on 06 Apr, 2018 11:27 AM

Hope someone gets it figured out. Miss my Daily KOS!

6. 6 Posted by Tacoo on 07 Apr, 2018 12:07 AM

I fixed it.  This is what I did, maybe it will work for others having this problem.
    From today's 'Daily Kos Recommended' email I tapped on a story to open it.  It opened as a webpage in (too tiny to read) desktop mode, which others pointed out was the problem. I then tapped on the 'Daily Kos' logo at the top of the page.  That opened, I guess, the home page.  At the bottom right corner of that page I tapped 'view in mobile'.  Eureka
    Now I can't get back to 'help desk' to post this to the discussion thread.  If you could please do that it might help everyone else with this problem.
    Thank you

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 5:19 PM, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv7602620879 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7602620879 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

7. 7 Posted by Tacoo on 07 Apr, 2018 12:15 AM

I was able to fix it.  This is what I did, hope it works for you
    From your 'Daily Kos Recommended' email tap on any story.  It will open as a webpage, desktop version, which is the problem.
    Tap the 'Daily Kos' logo at the top of the page.  This will get you to the homepage.  In the bottom right corner there is 'view in mobile'. Tap that and it should switch you back to the monile version. 

On Friday, April 6, 2018, 7:27 AM, S Parker <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4838333459 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4838333459 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

8. 8 Posted by Tacoo on 07 Apr, 2018 12:22 AM

I was able to fix it.  This is what I did, hope it works for you.
    From your 'Daily Kos Recommended' email open any story.  It will open as a webpage, desktop version, too small to read.  Tap the 'Daily Kos' logo at the top of the page.  That should get you to the homepage.  At the bottom right corner of that page is 'view in mobile'.  Tapping that should switch you back to the mobile version, for everything you have saved or will get.

On Thursday, April 5, 2018, 9:29 PM, SEG <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv0063338698 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv0063338698 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

9. 9 Posted by S Parker (unver... on 07 Apr, 2018 12:36 AM

You are a genius! It works perfectly! I will try to get in and post for you!

10. 10 Posted by S Parker (unver... on 07 Apr, 2018 12:42 AM

Now I can't get back in because I'm on the mobile view. I'll try when I'm
    back at my office and on my desktop. Thank you thank you!

11. 11 Posted by Tacoo on 10 Apr, 2018 02:08 PM

Not only am I able to read my 'Daily Kos Recommended' in 'mobile' version, again, where it's legible, but, for the first time ever I CAN COMMENT AND REPLY TO OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENTS!!!!
    When I load the comments, at the top there is a dialog box for me to post my own comment.  And at the end of each comment there is a 'reply' button.
    WOW
    What did I do to earn this privilege?

On Friday, April 6, 2018, 8:06 PM, ruth arcone <[email blocked]> wrote:

I fixed it.  This is what I did, maybe it will work for others having this problem.
    From today's 'Daily Kos Recommended' email I tapped on a story to open it.  It opened as a webpage in (too tiny to read) desktop mode, which others pointed out was the problem. I then tapped on the 'Daily Kos' logo at the top of the page.  That opened, I guess, the home page.  At the bottom right corner of that page I tapped 'view in mobile'.  Eureka
    Now I can't get back to 'help desk' to post this to the discussion thread.  If you could please do that it might help everyone else with this problem.
    Thank you

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 5:19 PM, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5958243279 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5958243279 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

12. 12 Posted by S Parker (unver... on 10 Apr, 2018 09:52 PM

Finally got in on my desktop and found that you were able to get back in
    and post your miracle cure! Thank you again.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Apr, 2018 10:46 PM

Ha! That's great.
    Glad you figured it out.
    Not only that, apparently you logged in at some point along the way -- which is why you're now able to make comments and to recommend posts and comments.
    Thanks for being persistent, and thanks for your support of the site.

14. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2018 10:46 PM.

15. Tacoo re-opened this discussion on 10 Apr, 2018 11:37 PM

16. 14 Posted by Tacoo on 10 Apr, 2018 11:37 PM

It's one of the things that keeps me going in these 'interesting' times

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 6:46 PM, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4860770959 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4860770959 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

17. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2018 11:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac