Error messages whenever I try to recommend a comment

msterry

31 Mar, 2018 10:44 PM

I'm using the mobile site/Safari/ iPhone 6s, latest iOS. Whenever I try to recommend a comment an error message pops up and says one of two things or both if I attempt coming back to try again. The messages either say I can't rate old comments, which comes up even if comment was made the very same hour, this is the more frequent message. If it doesn't say that, it just says there was an error in recommending the comment. I'm logged in, able to make a comment but not sure if it would post since I don't have a real comment to make. This has happened since I first tried recommending any comment, months, or possibly years ago, in other words I have NEVER been able to recommend a comment.

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 01 Apr, 2018 12:17 AM

msterry,

Your profile shows that you're banned. That could well be the work of an over-active spambot, possibly tied in to the huge GUI change-over in the last couple of days (or there may be a valid reason that's not discernible to a user, that only a Help Desk admin will know about).

The Help Desk is not usually staffed on the weekends. All you can do is wait for them to get time on Monday to investigate this. Please note that the Help Desk is only a small part of their duties, so it may be a while before they get to it.

I'm not the Help Desk, just a longtime user. Lots of us try to help when we can.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Apr, 2018 08:08 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.
    Yes, it's a status/permissions issue that is interfering with your ability to participate. Again the spambots have nabbed your account. We've released it again and restored permissions. You should now be able not only to login but to participate.
    Please feel free to return should you encounter more problems. Apologies for the annoyance and inconvenience.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2018 08:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac