Popup from Twitter on DK

siab

29 Mar, 2018 08:06 AM

Opening the diary https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/3/29/1752898/-Democratic-Party-infighting-will-ensure-Democrats-will-not-win-in-2018-or-2020-as-well, the funniest thing happened - I got a message that DK was trying to open a popup window. See jpg below.

I hope this is a mistake. I consider this advertising, and as far as I know, my subscription should prevent it, along with the rest of the ads.

What's up?

1. 1 Posted by siab on 29 Mar, 2018 02:08 PM

I should note that I'd never clicked on the Twitter icon up to that point, since I'm not on Twitter. I tried that this morning, and got the same result as shown, but without the warning.

It's possible that I had clicked on it inadvertently last night, but looking back, I don't think so. Is there anything else on the page that might have triggered this, besides clicking the Twitter link?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Mar, 2018 02:41 AM

Hmm. That's a new one.
    It's not happening for me, on a Win10/Firefox 59 combo, which IIRC is a little bit different from your setup.
    I can check with our ad folks tomorrow to try to track this down. It might be a relatively easy one to clarify.
    Thanks, and sorry.

3. 3 Posted by siab on 30 Mar, 2018 07:21 AM

Never mind - considering all the changes you just put through, I won't worry unless it comes up again. Closing this out and going back to look at the blue titles.

4. siab closed this discussion on 30 Mar, 2018 07:22 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac