The DKos petition "Save net neutrality in my city" is selecting the WRONG CITY.

ptressel

23 Mar, 2018 02:20 AM

I just filled out the form, including address and zipcode, for this petition:

https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/letters/sign-to-email-your-mayor-save-net-neutrality-in-my-city

I live in Seattle, WA. The form says it will send the letter to "Mayor Will Hall". Hall is the mayor of Shoreline, WA, not Seattle. I don't live close to the border. The form has a space for the city and state, and those were filled in, with Seattle and WA. I also entered my address and zipcode. The zipcode 98125 does not overlap Shoreline, WA, though they share a boundary along one street.

There is a link that says "Wrong recipients?" But that has no way to select the recipient -- all it does is clear the form (and throw away whatever custom message we wrote...).

I am going to try again, and *not* fill in either the address or zipcode, but only the city.

1. 1 Posted by ptressel on 23 Mar, 2018 02:23 AM

>> I am going to try again, and *not* fill in either the address or zipcode, but only the city.

No, I'm not allowed to do that -- those fields are required.

I'm going to hand-type everything, in case there was a problem with auto-fill.

I misspoke -- there isn't a field for state.

2. 2 Posted by ptressel on 23 Mar, 2018 02:27 AM

Ok, I hand-entered all the information, and it still threatens to send my message to the wrong mayor.

To reproduce this, I'd suggest picking addresses inside the 98125 zipcode. Addresses there are in Seattle, and the selected mayor should be Jenny Durkan.

3. 3 Posted by ptressel on 23 Mar, 2018 12:13 PM

Here's someone else having the same problem for a different location:

https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1750246/69657676#comment_69657676

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Mar, 2018 01:15 PM

Thanks for the alert. We'll see about properly addressing this issue (pun semi-intended).

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 23 Mar, 2018 01:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac