A strange formatting issue

12 Mar, 2018 06:25 PM

I saw it too, though it has been fixed. The right edge of the text in the first blockquote and the section of the diary above it were cut off.

Moving the horizontal scroll bar in the blockquote also moved the text above the blockquote. How they got linked that way is a mystery but I thought you might want to take a peek.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2018 12:06 AM

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to say about it myself, though I think since the fix was made post-publication we might be able to view previous iterations of the story in search of clues.
    Thanks for keeping a sharp eye out for anomalies.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2018 12:17 AM

Something to be aware of generally, however -- and you'd be perfectly welcome to spread the word about this problem and its possible solution.

When we have formatting anomalies like this, they often emerge because of trailing code that comes along with copied & pasted text. The editor isn't supposed to react to that, but in some cases it does anyway.

The solution is to copy and paste the original source material into a text editor, then copy and paste from there into the draft post here. It's a way of life for people who do a lot of excerpting from other sources, and there really isn't much else we can do about it.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2018 12:17 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac