Error!

elenacarlena

11 Mar, 2018 09:08 PM

Greetings!

In addition to page loading being slow, I'm now receiving error messages when I try to upload images. The first said the server was busy and to check my file size. I checked its size, it's only 195 KB. The second attempt says, "[JPG image] could not be uploaded. An error occured [sic]. Please try again or contact the helpdesk for support."

So this is my contact, since I already tried again. Please support! I'd like to publish a diary today with new images.

You might want to add a category, to separate site problems or community problems or political problems from technical problems.

Thank you!

ec

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Mar, 2018 11:42 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

We have seen, on occasion, that the site has trouble loading images to the Image Library -- hence, the newish error message with the suggestion to come here with questions. Did you try uploading again, with another image, and did you have success? Did you try resaving the image you wanted to upload and attempting the process again? Where do things stand now?

We're happy to dig in a little more and figure out what's going on, but we'll need some more specifics so we can replicate the problem. And these intermittent bugs are the worst.

Please let us know what OS and browser you're using, and if by chance you can get some screenshots of what you see when the image-upload stalls that would help too.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac