Email received when comments are replied to.

parakinesis

07 Mar, 2018 07:40 PM

Today is the first day I have ever received any emails alerting me that comments I have made have received a reply. Have I activated this by mistake? If so please instruct me how to deactivate it.

Thank you for your time.

1. 1 Posted by parakinesis on 07 Mar, 2018 07:56 PM

I did notice that there is a box checked in every comment field that indicates an email is requested when the comment is replied to. Is that a new default standard? I’m assuming if the box is checked I will receive an email. I think having the box “unchecked” should be the default.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Mar, 2018 09:09 PM

Hello, and thank you for inquiring.

You are quite right, there is now an option for users to receive emails to notify them of responses to comments. This option is provided with every comment, and it can be clicked on -- or off -- for every single comment. And yes, as you surmise, if you check the box you'll get a notice if someone replies to your comment, or indeed to any reply to your comment. Whichever option you choose, on or off, it should remain in that state for subsequent comments unless and until you change it.

Please also note that you can choose via a link in the email notification to stop receiving such notices for a given comment.

We decided to make it "on" by default thinking that would be something to draw people's attention to its existence. If it were off by default, people would have taken much longer to be aware of it.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2018 09:09 PM.

4. parakinesis re-opened this discussion on 07 Mar, 2018 10:20 PM

5. 3 Posted by parakinesis on 07 Mar, 2018 10:20 PM

Thank you. I’ll bet a LOT of people are aware of it now.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Mar, 2018 11:21 PM

Hmm, yes, probably. ;)

7. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2018 11:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac