email

Felipe (unverified)

25 Feb, 2018 03:55 AM

I have tried to log in but forgot the password. The problem is that when I put in the email address it says that this user does not exsit. But I get emails from these people every 5 min so what the deal?

1. 1 Posted by Felipe Tassara ... on 26 Feb, 2018 02:52 AM

Sent from my iPhone

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Feb, 2018 09:43 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Yes, you ARE on our email list. But NO, you do not have a user account at the site. At least -- you don't with an account that is associated with the email you used here.

The long explanation below might be unnecessary if you can tell us your username and the email you used to create it. It is often the case, though, that people don't realize the differences between these two options.

Having a user account at Daily Kos is completely separate and independent from receiving the Daily Kos Recommended email. It is possible to do one or the other, or both — but doing one does not automatically result in the other. Usually, we say "subscribed" to refer to getting the Daily Kos Recommended emails. We say "registered" or "signed up" to refer to having a user account on the site.

(Unfortunately, we do add to the confusion by saying that someone can "subscribe" to the site as well -- that is, pay $40/year -- for the sake of helping out and not having to see ads. That's the only kind of subscription that costs money, however.)

To participate on the website by writing comments or stories, or by recommending them, it is necessary to have a user account. Go to https://www.dailykos.com/signup to create a user account. Once you have confirmed your account by clicking a link in a message sent to your email, then you are good to go. There is no longer any waiting period imposed before a new user can create and publish a story/post.

In any case, we're happy to have your support for the mission of the site and hope you decide to take part soon.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 09:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac