website

yellowdog55

23 Feb, 2018 02:16 AM

Today, every time i go from a link in the daily kos recommended that i get every day, The Norton extension in chrome says that it is a KNOWN dangerous web site. If i put in dailykos.com in the search bar, it goes to DK just fine. What's up?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Feb, 2018 01:49 AM

Hmm, that's an interesting question, all right.

Typically, that sort of message is sent when the destination address is not https. Since we are https everywhere now, that is a bit perplexing.

Would you mind sending me some data to test? We could use the subject line from an email you've received, and then the story URL(s) that produce the warning.

Also, which version of Chrome are you on, and which OS?

Thanks for helping us troubleshoot.

2. 2 Posted by yellowdog55 on 24 Feb, 2018 11:03 PM

i have a feeling that this was some sort of Norton goof.  When i shut down my laptop to a cold start, i didn't experience that issue again. i'm sorry i didn't do a screen grab for you.  If i run in to this again, i will surely let you know.  i am just glad that it wasn't some denial of service thing that was KOS wide.
    Thank you,todd schneider 

On Friday, February 23, 2018 8:49 PM, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv2099277759 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2099277759 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Feb, 2018 05:18 PM

Phew. Things happen -- and we do want to make sure we are as secure as we think we are. Thank you for the update. Yes, please let us know if you see it again.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 05:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac