Technical glitch

elenacarlena

22 Feb, 2018 04:36 PM

A few days ago, DKos was very slow to load. Presumably you were working on something technical.

Since then, though, a few times per day when I try to click on Group Messages, I get an error message, "You are not authorized to view this page". I hit reload and then it's fine.

Please fix this if possible. It's not a terrible problem, but it does take a little extra time out of my day; and of course I'm always concerned that it's going to get worse.

TYFYH!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Feb, 2018 05:20 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Sorry that you are encountering this problem. From what you're saying, I infer that the issue arises even before you see a message window, so the usual problem of failure-to-send isn't the concern here.

But it's a related problem all the same. The DK5 software is different from the DK4 software, and the connections between the new pages and the old (which includes the Kosmail system) are rickety at best. If we could fix it, we would. The real solution is upgrading Kosmail, and that's in the works along with all the other tasks related to transferring everything else off of the DK4 software.

I wish I had something more encouraging to say. Thankfully, the system does still work, albeit imperfectly.

PS--When is the last time you cleared your cache and cookies for the site? Looking at your question again makes me wonder if your local storage is too full. That can hinder site performance, especially with the load of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2018 05:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac