CAN NOT VIEW VIDEO CONTENT

Kosaman

18 Feb, 2018 12:00 PM

Hello. First of all, ...a huge "Thank You" for all that your Site provides.
I have been frustrated for quite some time by the problem I am about to mention, but never presented it.
My Internet provider is AOL, and when I click on any videos that are embedded within any of your articles, I can only hear audio, but the still picture intros evaporate and videos do not play.
Is there a connection between my having AOL and this issue??
How can this be rectified? It is/has been annoying and truly detracts from fully garnering the full story.
It has gotten so annoying, I often do not proceed and backclick to next article.
Thank you so much

1. 1 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 18 Feb, 2018 06:21 PM

Since videos work for most people, it is probably due to some setting in your browser. Can you play YouTube videos directly on the YT page?

I have discovered that Adobe Flash must be enabled for me to see an embedded GIF in a tweet. However, I can see the GIF just fine on the original twitter page. Some ad blocking software may also be a problem.

Have you tried a different browser? Also, look at your installed plug-ins and see if there are any that need to be either enabled or disabled. Ad blocker tends to keep embedded video in news stories from playing on my computer.

2. 2 Posted by Kosaman on 18 Feb, 2018 06:31 PM

Sent from my iPad

3. 3 Posted by Nova Land on 19 Feb, 2018 05:05 AM

I was having the same problem: certain videos would have only a black screen. Problem turned out to be related to my ad blocker (Adblock Plus in Firefox). Certain videos have ads, and if one blocks the ads the video retaliates by not displaying any picture. Adblock Plus has a control for turning it off on selected pages, and once I turn it off for the page the video is on and refresh the page the video plays fine. Not sure which ad blocker you use, but I'd recommend turning it off for the page the video is on, refreshing the page, and seeing if that works for you too.

4. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2018 01:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac