My daily emails have stopped.

douglaspagnozzi

12 Jan, 2018 12:55 AM

Help

1. 1 Posted by roniruffi on 12 Jan, 2018 12:49 PM

I was told my daily emails could have been sent to
    Spam & to notify a global site which I did on Jan the 11th.
    What is the next step to reinstate my much missed Daily
    Kid Recommends emails,?

2. 2 Posted by roniruffi on 12 Jan, 2018 12:49 PM

Kid not Kids

3. 3 Posted by roniruffi on 12 Jan, 2018 12:50 PM

Kos not Kids

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jan, 2018 04:48 PM

LOL. I'll put you back on the list late tonight, since I have the notice(s) that you clicked the links sometime yesterday. If you don't get them again by Monday, please return to let us know.
    Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by roniruffi on 12 Jan, 2018 04:50 PM

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jan, 2018 04:53 PM

Hi, douglaspagnozzi --

Here's the explanation of the steps you need to follow. Thanks for asking.

We appreciate your interest in and support of Daily Kos.

Unfortunately, I cannot reinstate your subscription to the Daily Kos Recommended Email list until after you take some action yourself first. Let me explain.

Somehow, our emails have been marked as Spam at your address. It might have been an accident, but now it's done.

Only you can request reinstatement directly from Action Network -- the agency that manages our email list -- since it would be a conflict of interest for us to initiate that request. You may do so by following this link: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/remove-yourself-from-the-global-blo... They ask for one business day to process your reinstatement request.

Once that day has passed, please follow up to your query here with a confirmation that you've submitted such a request to Action Network. Then we can proceed to reinstate your email.

Meanwhile, it would be a good idea for you to check with your email provider to see what you might need to have in place so that the emails are not diverted again. It's possible, for example, that you'll need to set your own email filter explicitly to accept our emails. Our emails come from this address: campaigns AT dailykos DOT com (spelled out here to avoid our software filter).

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

7. 7 Posted by Ruthanne Ranz-A... on 12 Jan, 2018 05:23 PM

I just took the pledge that I won't mark Action Network emails as spam. I don't recall doing that but my emails from Dailly Kos stopped suddenly in the last couple of weeks. I read the above exchange by someone else it sounds like had a similar problem so I follow ed the instructions above.
    Please resume your Daily articles and election emails to me.
    Thanks,
    Ruthanne Ranz Appell

8. 8 Posted by Ruthanne Ranz-A... on 15 Jan, 2018 11:50 PM

I took the pledge that I won't mark Action Network emails as spam. I don't recall doing that but my emails from Dailly Kos stopped suddenly in the last couple of weeks. I read the above exchange by someone else it sounds like had a similar problem so I follow ed the instructions above. I think I already wrote this on this website but either it did not go through or I haven't gotten a response yet.
    Please resume all your Daily articles and election emails to me.
    Thanks,
    Ruthanne Ranz Appell

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Jan, 2018 03:14 AM

Hello, Ruthanne --

Thanks for asking for the email list reinstatement. It appears from our records that you are indeed receiving them again. Please let us know that you are now getting them. It's worth checking your spam folder, too, if they're not coming directly to your inbox now.

10. 10 Posted by douglaspagnozzi on 16 Jan, 2018 02:12 PM

No emails on Monday. Help!!!

In a message dated 1/12/2018 11:48:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email blocked] writes:

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Jan, 2018 04:18 PM

I'm assuming that you did then follow that link to Action Network and complete the request to be removed? We do need confirmation here that you took that step first.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Jan, 2018 04:20 PM

Sorry -- I realized too late you likely wouldn't get an alert to that reply above. Now you will. :)

13. 13 Posted by douglaspagnozzi on 18 Jan, 2018 02:41 PM

I did what you asked at the Action Network link. When will I be back on the Daily Kos daily email???

In a message dated 1/16/2018 11:20:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email blocked] writes:

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 Jan, 2018 04:31 PM

Hello again. Thanks for the confirmation. I've just resubscribed your email address. It will probably take till tomorrow for the list to update. If you don't get something by Saturday, please return to let us know.
    We appreciate your support of the site.

15. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2018 04:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac