Comment reply notifications

BoiseBlue

18 Nov, 2017 12:28 AM

This is not a huge problem, but it is a huge annoyance. When I get a reply to a comment, I can't get the reply to mark as read through the comment feature. So if I click on a comment with a new reply, the orange dot never goes away to mark it as read. Here's an example from tonight. I clicked on the comment at 5:17, and at 5:20 it's still a "new" comment.
The only way I can get the comment to mark as read is if I reply to it, or go back to the diary and read it there, where the dot goes away somewhat quickly.
This has been a problem on an Android device with chrome, an iPhone with safari, and a PC with firefox. As an additional note, as you can see in the second screenshot, even if I click on the "new" comment itself, the dot still doesn't go away.

1. 1 Posted by BoiseBlue on 27 Nov, 2017 06:49 PM

Bump- and update: this doesn't happen on Firefox, but is still a consistent problem with chrome on Android.

2. 2 Posted by BoiseBlue on 29 Nov, 2017 03:38 AM

Uhhhhhhh.... Should I just close this discussion and consider it well ignored?

3. 3 Posted by siab on 29 Nov, 2017 03:53 AM

Leave it open for awhile and bump once a day. I think they're still catching up from Thanksgiving vacations.

4. 4 Posted by BoiseBlue on 29 Nov, 2017 04:09 AM

I haven't exactly been impatient with my request.

But past experience tells me I might as well close the conversation because it won't be answered. Same as it ever was.

5. BoiseBlue closed this discussion on 29 Nov, 2017 04:10 AM.

6. BoiseBlue re-opened this discussion on 06 Dec, 2017 05:16 AM

7. 5 Posted by BoiseBlue on 06 Dec, 2017 05:16 AM

Trying this one more time....

This is a really obnoxious problem.

8. 6 Posted by BoiseBlue on 08 Dec, 2017 05:12 AM

Bump.

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Dec, 2017 07:40 PM

Sorry, BoiseBlue. We are scrambling and not keeping up nearly as well as we'd like with these technical requests/bug fixes.

You are right that this is annoying and should be addressed. Thanks for raising the issue with specifics and updates. There seems to be a suite of problems related to the "comment notification of a reply" option, so it might be complicated to sort it all out.

10. 8 Posted by BoiseBlue on 01 May, 2018 04:12 PM

Just an FYI: this problem has continued this whole time but mysteriously vanished this morning. Was there some sort of update perfromed recently? Nothing has changed on my side. If so, send my love to the tech team.

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 May, 2018 10:56 PM

L.O.L.
    Oh, the mysteries of Daily Kos.
    I can't say that it was deliberately targeted for this fix, but at the same time some of the ongoing fixes may well address other problems along the way.
    Thanks for the update. If it returns, then please let us know.

12. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 01 May, 2018 10:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac