Recycled Diaries

RoIn

13 Sep, 2017 06:16 PM

Currently there are no fewer than 7 diaries from the primary posted by the same poster. These are pie diaries. Is simply reposting old diaries -- particularly so many at once -- acceptable behavior here? It all seems especially questionable since old diaries cannot be flagged.

1. 1 Posted by jrooth on 13 Sep, 2017 06:36 PM

Yes, for some reason this jackass "HumanOfEarth" is spamming the diary list with republished old anti-Clinton diaries.
    I renew my long-standing request for a "smite this diary" button. We can't even flag the tip jars on these shit diaries that are clearly intended only to cause pie fights.
    Please ban this asshole and erase the diaries from the list. We don't need this shit.

BTW, this is not partisan on my part, I was a well-known Sanders supporter during the primaries.

2. 2 Posted by wesmorgan1 on 13 Sep, 2017 06:39 PM

Me three. I see no constructive purpose for wholesale republishing of these diaries.

I also agree that TUs (or, say, "TUs + 4 or more mojo") should get a "smite" button, and that some number of smitings should trigger admin attention.

3. 3 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 Sep, 2017 06:48 PM

Yep, I, too, count 7 old diaries that this person has decided to regurgitate today. There can be NO good reason for this.

If this purposeful extremely divisive effort by this user isn't formally (via Admin) "smite worthy," I can't imagine what would be.

4. 4 Posted by Flowergirl77 on 13 Sep, 2017 06:56 PM

Popping in to say the same thing basically - This is the reason given in the diaries: "[This is an old diary that has been republished to restore it to its original form]" I've asked for clarification but so far the diarist is not participating in comments. This seems like nothing more than an attempt to reignite the primary fights.

5. 5 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 Sep, 2017 07:09 PM

Reviewing this person's history shows that she hasn't even commented since April and, even then, it was regarding a diary she posted that garnered this reply "So you are promoting a place you are working for and criticizing the very venue you are using to promote the company that hired you? How is this not spam? At the very least, it is dickish."
    She (or Admin) deleted that diary.

ISTM this person is very specifically trying to do harm to Daily Kos.

6. 6 Posted by RoIn on 13 Sep, 2017 07:10 PM

I've never used the Help Desk before. How does it work? Will we get a reply on this issue from administration?

7. 7 Posted by RoIn on 13 Sep, 2017 07:13 PM

I've never used the Help Desk before. How does it work? Will we get a reply from administration?

8. 8 Posted by Ellid on 13 Sep, 2017 07:19 PM

Add me to the chorus, and I didn't even know that the user hadn't bothered to comment since April.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Moderator1 on 13 Sep, 2017 08:17 PM

Thanks.

10. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2017 08:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac