MySQL server issues?

bakeneko

17 Jul, 2017 12:28 AM

After having the Front Page refuse to load properly for a couple of minutes (particularly the right-hand side with Recommended, Recent, etc.), everything appears to be back in order, but unable to read older KosMail messages, with the following error:

DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Transaction/db.pm line 156.
at /www/dk4-perl/current/lib/ScoopDK/DB.pm line 190

1. 1 Posted by bakeneko on 17 Jul, 2017 12:35 AM

Actually, still unable to read recent messages as well. Everything else appears to be back up.

EDIT: I'll assume you're too busy getting it fixed to reply, but will leave this open for others who may be getting this issue as well.

2. 2 Posted by Besame on 17 Jul, 2017 12:53 AM

Moi aussi. All my messages result in the DK4 page where the message SHOULD BE DISPLAYED but I get this message instead.

DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Transaction/db.pm line 156.
     at /www/dk4-perl/current/lib/ScoopDK/DB.pm line 190

3. 3 Posted by Nova Land on 17 Jul, 2017 01:22 AM

I'm having this problem too. I was able to read my messages fine earlier today, but having returned to the site now all my messages go to that MySQL server has gone away message.

One additional piece of information which may help whoever is trying to solve this: at first when I clicked the New Messages button that message came up instead of the list. But after half a dozen or so failed attempts, the list of messages came up fine. I can now see which messages I have waiting to be read -- but when I try to click any of them, I again get that MySQL message.

4. 4 Posted by Nova Land on 17 Jul, 2017 01:30 AM

Aha! A minute ago I clicked one of the messages in the list again and it loaded fine! (Hopefully the others will open as well when i return to the list and try to check them.)

So this is an intermittent problem, and for the moment at least it seems to have gone away.

Edited to add: Nope! Three out of four are still refusing to load and giving that cursed MySQL server message instead.

5. 5 Posted by Besame on 17 Jul, 2017 03:04 AM

Mine seem to be working now. I answered one of the messages w/o an error notice. Opened about 5 others w/o problems. magic!

6. 6 Posted by bakeneko on 17 Jul, 2017 03:16 AM

Issue appears to be resolved now for me as well.

Thanks very much for your efforts in the background to get this fixed, and to all of you who confirmed the problem.

7. bakeneko closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 03:16 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac