Can't comment on blogs

andypapula

06 Jul, 2017 10:00 PM

Even when I sign in I can't find where to click to comment. Can someone help me please?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jul, 2017 06:59 PM

Hello, andypapula --

Sorry for the delayed reply, and sorry that you're encountering difficulty.

The problem you're having does not have an obvious cause. Your account is in good standing and you have the necessary permissions.

To be most effective in helping you participate, could you please describe what you see -- even better, attach a screenshot here? Also, it would help if we knew your browser and operating system.

But before you launch into all of that, it's likely that a poor site load is the problem. There are two main reasons for a poor site load: a full or outdated cache, and/or incompatible browser extensions. The solutions to each of them are relatively straightforward.

The first remedy for a poor site load is to do a hard refresh of the page. That might do the trick. If it doesn't, and especially if you're a frequent reader of the site, it's possible that your cache is too full or that the cookies are outdated. Clear your cache and cookies for the site, then close and reopen your browser. (For good measure, you could also reboot.) That should suffice, unless you have issue #2, incompatible add-ons.

To see if you have browser extensions that interfere with site loading, try opening the site in a private or safe window, which disables the extensions. If that solves the problem, then you know an add-on is not compatible with the site. The trick is to determine which one(s), requiring process of elimination. There are a few known culprits including NoScript, AdBlock, and Scorpion Adware, but there are likely many others.

One way or another, we'll get you going. Thanks for your interest in the site, and welcome.

2. 2 Posted by stinki (unverif... on 16 Jul, 2017 07:15 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Can't comment on blogs

Same issue here. I'd love to comment, but there are no reply buttons or empty text boxes etc anywhere. I'm logged in. I've tried in Chrome, IE, and Firefox on a Windows 7 desktop. I have Adblocker disabled for the whole dailykos domain in Chrome, and no extensions installed in the other browsers. The articles I am trying to reply to are hours old. I really don't get it.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 06:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac