Can Not Logon

Barry Seth (unverified)

20 Oct, 2016 05:24 PM

I am trying to retrieve/change a password, but I keep getting the following error message:

1 error prohibited this user from being saved:

Email can't be blank

I get this error message when I key in my ID and password. I would therefore like to change both my password and my ID.

Thank You!!

1. 1 Posted by ER (unverified) on 20 Oct, 2016 06:03 PM

I am having the same problem - I'd like to know if you find the solution!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Oct, 2016 08:58 PM

Sorry for the difficulty you are each experiencing. Thanks for trying to figure it out.

It's very likely that you both have the same problem.

Neither one of you is showing up as a registered user under the email with which you created this Help Desk question. (Please note, by the way, that this is a public thread and that therefore you might not want to supply an email in a reply -- our filtering software notwithstanding.)

That means the site login does not have a record of your current email. Hence, the login fails when you use this particular email as part of the process.

If you know your username, then use it, NOT your email, to login. If you do NOT know your password, please open a NEW and PRIVATE thread here at Help Desk (under the Community and Moderation category) so that we can help you reset it, in confidence.

Thanks.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2016 08:58 PM.

4. Elizabeth Rona re-opened this discussion on 20 Oct, 2016 09:05 PM

5. 3 Posted by Elizabeth Rona ... on 20 Oct, 2016 09:05 PM

Thank you,

Can you please remove my note with my email address. I did not intend for
    that to be public.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Oct, 2016 09:15 PM

Your email address in the header of the message is NOT public at all. So there is nothing to remove.

For that matter, when people put their email addresses in the body of their reply, they are filtered out by the Help Desk software, too. I have not heard of any glitch in that protection. It is out of an excess of caution that I encourage people to use a private message for their user account questions involving their email addresses.

7. 5 Posted by Michael McMurtr... on 20 Oct, 2016 10:30 PM

I cannot log on either. When I click on the "Log In" icon, I get a small window shoing a portion of the current page, as shown in the attached image.

8. 6 Posted by Barry Seth (unv... on 21 Oct, 2016 12:54 AM

When I try putting in my ID, an error message comes up saying that the ID I typed in is already in use. The ID I use I chose based on past experiences, so it can only be mine. Therefore if it is already in use, it must be mine. But, I still can't log in. How do I change my ID and my password?

Barry Seth
    [email blocked]
    Sent from my iPhone

9. 7 Posted by kdsteiner (unve... on 16 Nov, 2016 03:19 PM

Hello - I opened a private query yesterday, but I haven't gotten any indication that you received my questions or whether any action has been taken. So I'll try again.

Main issue: Can't log in. Here's what happens:

> 1. I don't recall EITHER my password or the email I used to register. It's been seveal years since I've been active, but I'd like to resume.
    > 2. I've tried to reset my password, but I get this tragic proclamation: "1 error prohibited this user from being saved: Email can't be blank."
    > 3. There are up to four email addresses I may have used to start my dailykos acct. -- none of them is recognized by the site.
    > 4. My old username was "Apophis."
    > 5. I tried to start a new account with my old username, but the site says it's already taken. Is that person ME? Or was my account purged and someone picked up my old name? It would help me to know that - I'd just start over - but if the name is still 'mine', I want to use it.
    > 6. Can't you just look up my username, please, and tell me if any of the following emails is linked to the Apophis account:
    (A) [email blocked]
    (B) [email blocked]
    (C) [email blocked]
    (D) [email blocked]
    If so, can you send a password reset link to either (C) or (D) above? (Note that Hi - I opened a private query yesterday, but I haven't gotten any indication that you received my questions or whether any action has been taken. So I'll try again.
    My main problem is, I cannot login. Here's what happens:
    > 1. I don't recall EITHER my password or the email I used to register. It's been seveal years since I've been active, but I'd like to resume.
    > 2. I have tried to reset my password, but I get error: "1 error prohibited this user from being saved: Email can't be blank."
    > 3. There are up to four email addresses I may have used to start my dailykos acct. -- none of them is recognized by the site.
    > 4. My old username was "Apophis."
    > 5. I tried to start a new account with my old username, but the site says it's taken. Is that ME? Or was my account purged and someone picked up my old name? It would help me to know that - I'd just start over - but if the name is still mine, I want to use it.
    > 6. Can't you just look up my username, please, and tell me if any of the following emails is linked to the Apophis account:
    (A) [email blocked]
    (B) [email blocked]
    (C) [email blocked]
    (D) [email blocked]
    If so, can you send a password reset link to either (C) or (D) above? [Note that (A) is defunct and (B) is alive but soon to expire.]

Thx - KDS

10. 8 Posted by Ianua Ditis on 10 May, 2017 05:02 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Can Not Logon

Hello - I posted here on April 19 that I had changed my email from my old college email and was unable to recover my password.

I was able to get in with helpdesk assistance and I thought I had reset my email correctly but it still recognizes the old defunct email address, so evidently I got something wrong.

Can you please send password reset info to the above email for UID Ianua Ditis?

11. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 10 May, 2017 12:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac