Multiple page loads shown - for every single comment highlighted, to begin with

siab

21 Apr, 2020 07:03 PM

This is a problem when I'm working back and forth within the same tab (when either my machine, or the internet, is overwhelmed, it's faster than trying to open new tabs).

If I simply go to a single comment page, it generally shows 2 page loads within the back arrow dropdown; If I'm in a diary and reading, say, new comments, or using j to go between comments, the back arrow
 list may show nothing but diary comments, even if I drop down and click on the earliest link, it can take more than once to return to the previous real page. If I simply scroll, this doesn't happen unless I hit a Load More, which generates a new page and also loses me my place in the comments.

In addition, when I'm in the comments, on the second or third page, and I click the Home key, it takes me up to the diary, but only to the top of the current Load More set. To get back to the first comment, I have to hit 1, because the definition of "page" is not the same, and the Tip Jar is literally on a different page than wherever I am in the comments.

Okay, that's two problems, the second being the loss of place on Load More unless one is very, very careful to use j rather than scroll. And that's the same problem that you have when you tab to a new comment - in both cases, the page load ends up on the MIDDLE of the comment, or page, that's being specified. All of my time on the internet, the preferred location on a new page has been the TOP of the page, or comment, and I do not understand why someone decided that going to the middle of either one was a good idea. Especially if the comment is more than a line or two, this makes it necessary to scroll upwards immediately after a Comment page comes up, because the first line or two, or more, depending on the comment, is above the top of the screen. Especially if it's a Hidden comment, that is a pure PITA.

grumble

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Apr, 2020 05:00 PM

Thanks for the report. Sorry for the delayed reply; lots going on. Will try to dig in and replicate what you describe today.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac