Odd scrolling behavior between comments

siab

24 Aug, 2019 07:46 PM

I should start by saying that if I'm j-ing between comments, this doesn't occur. If I'm scrolling through the comments, and I get to the end of a section, i.e., Load More Comments, then rather than scrolling as usual, the page jumps to what I'm guessing is the mid-point of the new comments that are being added. Which means scrolling up again, trying not to click on a comment and select it, because I will certainly lose my place if I do, to whatever the last comment is that either I remember reading or had previously selected.

I don't say this often, but this is unacceptable,

1. 1 Posted by skohayes on 26 Aug, 2019 12:01 PM

I have this problem as well, which can get very irritating when you're trying to read all the comments in a diary and at seemingly random moments, all the new comments get added at once, and I have to roam around the page to find out where I was when it happened.
    Also, when you click on a name in the "Replies" boxes, some of the time the page will scroll to where your comment and the reply is, but sometimes it scrolls up, jumps up and down the page (perhaps new comments are being added) and you end up nowhere near where the reply is.
    In diaries like APR where there can be hundreds of comments, it is very frustrating.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Aug, 2019 11:08 PM

Thanks for the reports. Yes, we should address this issue. If it's not already ticketed I'll make sure that it is.
    Please remind us of the OS and browser you're using.

3. 3 Posted by siab on 27 Aug, 2019 02:00 AM

Win 8.1, current Firefox, Dell laptop

4. 4 Posted by skohayes on 27 Aug, 2019 11:04 AM

Windows 7, Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100, Dell Laptop

5. 5 Posted by Sylv on 30 Aug, 2019 05:32 PM

Also happening on my iPad mini 2. Running iOS 12.4.1, Safari.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac