my own comments have orange unread dots

Besame

29 Jul, 2019 04:49 PM

I can't tell if I'm using old or new comment format. But when I use Shift/J to move to the next unread comment, it skips to comments with the orange dots (indicating unread). Problem is, my own comments are included and have orange dots. Not ALL my own comments but a subset (as in yesterday's KosAbility diary https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/07/28/1874104/-KosAbility:-Sugar,-Fat-And-Cardiovascular-Disease#comment_74538402). FYI using just J moves me to the next comment read or unread, it's like a comment by comment tab.

Also - don't think this used to be the case - if I post a reply to my own comment, I get a notification in the reply icon (that orange dot in the top panel of each page). I know it's been for my own reply to myself because the notification icon had no orange dot and then the instant I replied to myself it appeared.

This has been happening for awhile and I finally decided to speak up about it. MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.5 Chrome 75.0.3770.142

1. 1 Posted by Besame on 08 Aug, 2019 05:17 PM

FYI - this is still happening today. I thought maybe with whatever happened last night when the site was down, this issue would be fixed. Isn't.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 09 Aug, 2019 03:03 PM

Yes, I'm aware of it and also find it annoying and wrong. A fix is in progress.

3. elfling closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2019 03:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac