Okay, HOW do I see all the comments in a story?

Belle Ame

27 Jun, 2019 07:33 PM

I've done a search and haven't found an answer. I am tired of hitting the LOAD MORE button, which just seems to load some and re-hide others. How do I see all the comments?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Jun, 2019 08:45 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

I have a feeling that you're not going to like the answer. With the new comment system, once the total number of comments exceeds about 100, then you can't see all the comments at once. The LOAD MORE button will bring the next group of comments into view, and actually it shouldn't be necessary to click it to have the comments load when that is the point that you reach in the story thread. With a long thread though they'll never all be loaded at the same time.

There are several reasons for making this change, the most significant one being that large comment threads (meaning over a couple of hundred) simply don't load well for many users at all, particularly those on a mobile device. In her posts about the upgrade, elfling summarized the advances, and perhaps you'd like to take a(nother) look: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/5/21/1857954/-You-May-Have-Al...

We do know that there are some disadvantages to the change, and we're planning to address most if not all of them in the next few weeks and months. Our objective as always is to present a site that is (relatively) easy to use and to access, which at times does require us to make some changes to previous systems.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Jun, 2019 08:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac