My poor elderly eyes can't read the new comments well.

pucklady

11 Jun, 2019 05:12 PM

There is so much white space that I can't tell where one comment ends and the next one starts.

I'm not going to try to influence your design (and it would be futile to try anyway) but please, can't you at least make that dividing line brighter or bigger or something so I can define the comments better? I have to keep taking breaks away from the screen because of the eyestrain of trying to follow a thread. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jun, 2019 05:50 PM

Hello, and thank you for raising this issue here.

I'm sorry that the new design is causing you difficulty. Could you please tell me what operating system and browser you are using? There is supposed to be a horizontal dividing line between comments, so if you don't have them then we should address that issue.

If it's at all possible for you to attach a screenshot of what you see, that's best of all, but it would also be helpful to know an exact story/comment section where that dividing line is not showing up for you.

Thanks much.

2. 2 Posted by pucklady on 11 Jun, 2019 11:39 PM

I'm using Chrome and Win10.
    Yes, I know about that very faint line between the comments. That was what I was asking to be bigger and darker. In some light, it disappears entirely and then I can't wade through comments without Visine.

3. 3 Posted by pucklady on 12 Jun, 2019 12:00 AM

Just sending you a screen print of what is on the computer will not demonstrate the problem because screenshotting will show everything crisp and clear as you think you designed it. You see everything in ideal conditions - new equipment, great lighting. To show you what I see, I took a photo of my screen. Notice that the very faint gray line almost completely disappears and it is difficult to see where one comment ends and the next one begins. All I'm asking is for the line between comments to be bigger and darker.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jun, 2019 02:42 PM

Thanks, we always really appreciate getting screenshots. I'll make sure to pass it along with your commentary.

5. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 12:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac