side by side comparison, I prefer simple

i saw an old tree today

09 Jun, 2019 12:04 AM

Att: is a clip of the same comments in new ('lazy') and 'old' (and current public) view, it's so obvious to me which is preferable, easier to read, easier to detect info (in the new wouldn't even know what to click there's so many gizmos and widgets every where) and easier on the eyes, I guess ymmv

I'm hoping old current remains an option forever, the new one is hardly usable, sorry to not want to go along with it

Thanks for leaving the toggle alive!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jun, 2019 03:34 PM

Hello, and thank you for your feedback.

Some of the design changes may be tweaked over time, but the general structure involved in the new comments will remain in place. Despite the few kinks to be worked out, the new system does work better in terms of comment loading for smaller, less powerful computers (in particular, mobile devices).

I know that changes are usually not welcome, and there may be a few aspects of the old system that you'll truly miss. But you will have a while to get accustomed to the new system. It's probably a good idea to use it as often as you can before it's the only option, to give yourself some adjustment time.

Appreciate your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 11 Jun, 2019 03:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac