Odd formatting on old (pre DK5 comments)

siab

07 Jun, 2019 01:25 AM

https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1434609/57990501#comment_57990501

As I'm seeing this, and other of my comments in older diaries, I'm looking at the comment being repeated twice, once in bold and once not, with the title line cut off. Other people's comments are single, show the title line in bold and the rest unbolded, as they used to.

I suggest that you go back to your own comments in 2015 to check the glitch - I suspect my comments will present themselves properly to someone else - but this could be a real problem, I think.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 14 Jun, 2019 02:33 AM

bump.

It may be trivial, but it's strange.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Jun, 2019 09:00 PM

Well. That is indeed strange. Thanks for the alert; we'll investigate further.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 14 Jun, 2019 09:00 PM.

4. Daily Kos Staff re-opened this discussion on 14 Jun, 2019 09:30 PM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Jun, 2019 09:30 PM

I suspect, actually, that there's something related to your sig file graphic. Since we don't have them (sig files) now with DK5, perhaps yours having been an image is what messes with the editor/code. I'll check it out.

6. 4 Posted by siab on 15 Jun, 2019 07:18 AM

Exactly the same graphic file I'm using now, which is pasted individually into comments and has been since I started using it, so I'm not sure how that would work, and this is only with the new comment setup, not the old, if that helps.

Just to make sure - that was never an actual signature file - I only began using it after you quit the sigs.

I went back and checked an older diary from 2013, before I ever started using the graphic, and it doesn't have the same the same doubling happening. OTOH, that was DK3, rather than DK4.

If I have some time, I'll look through my DK4 comments to see whether I can find any without the siggraphic.

7. 5 Posted by siab on 15 Jun, 2019 08:23 AM

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2014/7/12/1313446/-GMO-Food-Labeling-Let-s-get-serious

This is even funnier - one of my first siggraphics, and in addition to the doubling, each of the two versions of the graphic is a different size.

Something is definitely playing havoc with the code, but if it's only my graphics, then it's not really a problem. OTOH, this particular stuff has never showed up before that I've noticed. ;)

8. 6 Posted by siab on 15 Jun, 2019 09:58 AM

It appears to be limited to DK4, and definitely linked to the siggraphics - 6412093 was using another of my creations, and his comments were doubling the same way.

What gets me is that it didn't happen under the old comment setup, or I would have noticed. I'm sticking with the new ones and trying to get used to them, at least for the time being.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac