new comments

durrati

02 Jun, 2019 07:18 PM

Site won't load comments in my own diaries and the "Turn off new comments" link just takes me to the FP.
What gives?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Jun, 2019 08:15 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry you're encountering some difficulties.

But I could use some more details. I see that you have posted several comments yesterday and again today, and people have commented extensively in your post from today. If you're still having problems, it would be helpful to know the operating system and browser you're using, and what specifically you see. Screenshots are very useful too, if you can capture them to attach here.

As for the turning new comments OFF (or ON0 cookie, yes, going to https://www.dailykos.com/comments_beta/true or https://www.dailykos.com/comments_beta/false will reroute you to the site's home page. Then you can navigate as you please from there.

2. 2 Posted by durrati on 03 Jun, 2019 10:25 PM

Thanx, will I be able to continue using links above to load my long threads?

3. 3 Posted by durrati on 04 Jun, 2019 01:08 AM

Great, now it won't load comments at all.

4. 4 Posted by durrati on 04 Jun, 2019 01:18 AM

Sorry, I am using an updated Chrome browser.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Jun, 2019 02:04 PM

Sorry you're still having issues. But again, I really need a specific link to follow, to a story that won't load for you. I see you were posting stories and comments this morning, so I am not able to tell whether you're seeing something that is merely transient (though still annoying) or something more chronic.

But yes, when you set your cookie OFF or ON for the new comment style, everything else will work as usual. Or, at least it should.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 04 Jun, 2019 02:04 PM.

7. durrati re-opened this discussion on 07 Jun, 2019 02:11 AM

8. 6 Posted by durrati on 07 Jun, 2019 02:11 AM

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2019 12:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac