Signing petitions/actions/campaigns

Jennifer Lee

29 Jul, 2018 11:45 PM

The petition posted in McCarter's diary today, about Kavanaugh's nomination, is the second one I've been unable to sign, because my senators require my title (Ms) and the letter topic (Judicial), and the form will not allow me to fill those in! I know that if I spend time and effort on my letter, it will just refuse to send it. I've tried everything I can think of. I am logged in, but it will not work. Could you please fix this bug, or tell me how to overcome it, in the future? Thanks! Jennifer Lee

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Aug, 2018 06:37 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the very long delay in replying to you.

We have ticketed the issue and developers are working on fixing it.

Meanwhile, if there is a petition you want to sign, but you find yourself stymied by the uncooperating Letter Topic dropdown (which does not offer any options and therefore blocks your submission of the letter) please try one or the other of these two workarounds.

(The second workaround is also relevant to any other problem with fields that will not accept your information.)

Workaround #1: When you reach the page where the Letter Topic dropdown seems to be stuck/non-functional, slide your cursor up a little so that it points at the gray space above it. The dropdown should appear then.

Workaround #2: Click on the petition title -- that is, the heading of the embed. That will redirect you to the petition page right away, and in that context there should be no misalignment for the dropdown.

We apologize for the awkwardness and frustration this problem has caused. Thank you for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 06:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac