Quotation marks and apostrophe do not format correctly

Qwisp

28 Feb, 2018 05:26 AM

Quotation marks and apostrophe do not format correctly When embedded tweets or when quotes are copied and pasted from other sources. This has been occurring for months since at lease DK5 on my iPad and Chromebook. I finally got so sick of looking at it tonight I’ve decided to ask if there is a way to fix it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Mar, 2018 04:35 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

That problem you are experiencing is usually an indication of poor site load. Usually, these odd characters in the embed resolve themselves given a little time. But if they never do for you, then it's possible that you have something else causing interference.

Could you please open a private window to view Daily Kos and then see if the twitter embeds you see are fully loaded? If this clears up the problem, then the source is one or more extension that you have on your browser. You'll have to use process of elimination to figure out which one(s) it might be, but it's often an adblocker of some sort at the root of these difficulties. Once you identify the source, you can either disable the extension for Daily Kos or view the site in a private window.

It's also worth clearing your cache and cookies, then closing your browser and rebooting, as long as you're making the effort to track down the source of the problem.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting. Feel free to report your results here.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 01 Nov, 2019 12:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac