I can't post a new diary entry or photos...

tulaholmes

06 Aug, 2017 08:46 AM

Is anyone else having this problem? 6

1. 1 Posted by hammerinhank on 06 Aug, 2017 06:16 PM

Yes. I just tried to post and got an "unknown user error" message

2. 2 Posted by tulaholmes on 06 Aug, 2017 06:21 PM

I can't open other people's diary entries or post one myself. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this or who I should contact. Can't find any way of contacting Daily Kos. Thanks for any suggestions.

3. 3 Posted by siab on 06 Aug, 2017 08:15 PM

Well, you might try reposting this in the Problems section of the help desk, because it's more likely to get people to reply.

We had a couple of hours two days ago when things went sideways, including format, the ability to comment and rate, and several other minor things, and this could be more of the same. A report to Problems is your best bet to alert the Tech people, who are likely seeing it on their side.

Your account looks fine so it's likely the site and not you, though you might try clearing your cache, just for the hell of it.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Aug, 2017 02:50 PM

Hello, tulaholmes, you're in the right place.

Help Desk is typically closed on weekends, hence the slightly delayed reply.

Yes, the site had some problems on Friday evening but they are more or less resolved now. It's possible that the data in your browser is stale and that's what interferes with your site use now. Your account is in good standing and your perms are in order.

Clear your browser cache; delete the cookies from this site; logoff, close your browser, and reboot your computer. All of that should help reset things to normal for you.

If not, please feel free to return.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for your support of the site.

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Aug, 2017 02:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac