Page Freezes and Utilizes a lot of memory

PBarr

27 Oct, 2016 01:39 PM

I'm using Google Chrome and I find frequently the Daily Kos tab will become unresponsive (scrolling won't even work). When this occurred yesterday I checked it out in the task manager and the Daily Kos tab had 2.8 GB of memory allocated to it. It happened again this morning and immediately went to the task manager and watched it quickly climb from 600 MB to 1 GB while the tab kept telling me that its become unresponsive do I want to kill it or wait. I find the best way around this is to close the tab and reopen Daily Kos in a new tab and repeat when it begins acting up again.

Additional System Information:
Dell Optiplex 9020, Windows 7, 16 GB Ram, 64-bit operating system

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Oct, 2016 04:30 PM

PBarr:

I am sorry that you are having difficulties accessing the site.

It is likely the case, however, that something in your own setup is causing the problems you're experiencing. Usually we hear from users in large numbers if there is something we've done that has caused complication, and with that group feedback we can typically locate the source and respond.

So, I will leave this query open to attract other users who may have the same issues. But I suggest that you also take a look at the resources we have here regarding incompatibility and other factors that can interfere with efficient site load and use.

This one in particular is pretty comprehensive with links to other tips within.
    http://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/other-problems/i-get-javascript-err...

Once you've gone through these troubleshooting steps, please feel free to return if you're still having difficulty.

Thanks and good luck.

2. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac