A policy question for Elfling

PhilJD

28 Feb, 2014 04:58 PM

Is Kos' dictum against dredging up old fights in unrelated diaries still in effect? The rule was explicitly stated here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/14/1016965/-Participating-in-.... The germane portion:

"A sampling of additional dickish behavior: Going back to hidden comments and pulling stuff out that's six months old. People are allowed to have an off-day without having it rubbed in their face in perpetuity.
... Hijacking other people's diaries by dragging in meta fights from outside. I will actually have particularly low tolerance for meta hijacks."

I imagine examples of Markos reiterating this policy can be found with a diligent search.

I would appreciate clarification of the present state of site policy regarding old arguments. I imagine other Kossacks would as well.

Thanks in advance.

1. 2 Posted by raptavio on 28 Feb, 2014 06:52 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

2. 3 Posted by Sylv on 28 Feb, 2014 09:53 PM

Yeah, I've seen people reminding others of their previous bannings. There were a couple of guys I saw that happening to and it doesn't seem like that should be allowed.

3. 4 Posted by LaEscapee on 01 Mar, 2014 01:15 AM

Phil I seriously hope you get an answer because obviously there are none about the tag abuse

4. 5 Posted by GoGoGoEverton on 01 Mar, 2014 12:31 PM

Lol LaEscapee. Not sure Phil would appreciate you basically doing what he's asking for clarification on.

Protip: if your tags are profane, it's less likely admin will care that they're being modified. Heck, it might even be them doing it.

5. 6 Posted by GoGoGoEverton on 01 Mar, 2014 12:33 PM

But yes Phil, me too. Germane to this I think is also posting unrelated links from other diaries that have nothing to do with the comment at hand, usually in the attempt if an ad-hom.

6. 7 Posted by TheMomCat on 02 Mar, 2014 02:36 PM

Sylv: "Yeah, I've seen people reminding others of their previous bannings."

In that same vein, dredging up past recommendation that were sanctioned by the admins or ratings that someone has an objection, for whatever reason, should not be used as a cudgel. It is the same s bringing past disagreements into an argument.

These tactics should all come under the DBAD and insult rules

7. 8 Posted by raptavio on 02 Mar, 2014 07:25 PM

You know what, TMC, you're right. I'm going to keep that in mind in the future.

8. Support Staff 9 Posted by elfling on 03 Mar, 2014 06:26 PM

Yes, that's still policy as far as I know.

I don't make policy.

If you have some example you'd like to bring to our attention, feel free.

9. elfling closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2014 06:26 PM.

10. PhilJD re-opened this discussion on 03 Mar, 2014 09:24 PM

11. 10 Posted by PhilJD on 03 Mar, 2014 09:24 PM

As you know, Elfling, I've provided you with examples privately. Calling people out by name in public isn't really my style.

12. 11 Posted by raptavio on 03 Mar, 2014 09:35 PM

As have I, for the same reason -- I don't care to add to pie on the helpdesk when there's plenty to fling on the main site.

13. PhilJD closed this discussion on 16 Mar, 2014 02:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac