crossposting to outside blogs

RhodeIslandAspie

07 Oct, 2013 07:49 PM

Hello, I've been a fan of DK for a few years now, but I've recently joined so I can take part and am still learning the ropes. I assume it's perfectly OK to post to an outside blog what I post here and vice versa as long as I am the rightful owner of the material. Am I correct on this.

What is the policy about reposting other users material elsewhere. I know such can be reposted within DK, but what about being posted on an outside blog. I would not do this without the posters consent, regardless of policy, but what is the official DK policy on this.

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 07 Oct, 2013 07:59 PM

It is allowed to crosspost your own material. It's a good idea to say that you are doing so if it was published elsewhere first so that people here know that you didn't just cut and paste another's work. It is good form to read comments to your diary here and reply to them here - don't tell them to go elsewhere to discuss it. People at DK really want to engage with authors and will be most receptive to your work in the long term if you participate in comments.

It is also fine to post DK content elsewhere unless otherwise requested by the diarist. General form we would suggest is a link and quoting a few key paragraphs rather than reproduction in total.

2. elfling closed this discussion on 07 Oct, 2013 07:59 PM.

3. RhodeIslandAspie re-opened this discussion on 07 Oct, 2013 09:57 PM

4. 3 Posted by RhodeIslandAspie on 07 Oct, 2013 09:57 PM

That is exactly almost word for word what I thought the answer would be, and I’m cool with that. I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as the DK team. Nothing like getting egg in your face when you think you know the rules and you don’t.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

RhodeIslandAspie

5. elfling closed this discussion on 07 Oct, 2013 11:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac