ALL comments on elections.dailykos.com showing up as "NEW"

David Nir

12 Oct, 2012 03:08 PM

This is not about the server-side/browser-side storage issue for new comments. It's a lot simpler: When you navigate to elections.dailykos.com, at the bottom of each diary where it says "Permalink — 143 Comments / 143 New", every post lists 100% of comments as new. If you drill down, the [new] flags are not attached to every post, but there's no way to know if there are new comments just by looking at the main page of elections.dailykos.com

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by elfling on 12 Oct, 2012 06:48 PM

Augh! We're on it.

2. 2 Posted by bumiputera on 19 Oct, 2012 04:34 PM

Is there any update to this issue? The counts still aren't updating for me.

Thank you.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by elfling on 19 Oct, 2012 05:13 PM

We are working on it and it's been more difficult than we first supposed. I really wanted this fixed this week, and I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with it.

4. 4 Posted by wwmiv on 31 Oct, 2012 02:20 PM

This has still not been fixed. I'm becoming very impatient.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by elfling on 31 Oct, 2012 06:49 PM

We know. There was this hurricane thing, you may have heard about it. :-) It kind of disrupted our workflow.

It's a high priority for us, but at this point it may have to wait until after the election, unfortunately. We're just running out of time.

6. 6 Posted by David Nir on 01 Dec, 2012 12:22 AM

Hey. Just wondering if there had been any luck here isolating this issue. Thank you.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by elfling on 03 Dec, 2012 06:49 PM

Jason has a fix for it but has not had a chance to implement it yet. I'll remind him that you're anxiously waiting.

8. 8 Posted by David Nir on 05 Dec, 2012 04:38 AM

Don't know if it was intended to or not, but looks like the new push on Dec. 4 did not solve this problem. (I mention it only because I see that comment counts have moved up to the top.)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac