ALL comments on elections.dailykos.com showing up as "NEW"

David Nir

12 Oct, 2012 03:08 PM

This is not about the server-side/browser-side storage issue for new comments. It's a lot simpler: When you navigate to elections.dailykos.com, at the bottom of each diary where it says "Permalink — 143 Comments / 143 New", every post lists 100% of comments as new. If you drill down, the [new] flags are not attached to every post, but there's no way to know if there are new comments just by looking at the main page of elections.dailykos.com

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by elfling on 12 Oct, 2012 06:48 PM

Augh! We're on it.

2. 2 Posted by bumiputera on 19 Oct, 2012 04:34 PM

Is there any update to this issue? The counts still aren't updating for me.

Thank you.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by elfling on 19 Oct, 2012 05:13 PM

We are working on it and it's been more difficult than we first supposed. I really wanted this fixed this week, and I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with it.

4. 4 Posted by wwmiv on 31 Oct, 2012 02:20 PM

This has still not been fixed. I'm becoming very impatient.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by elfling on 31 Oct, 2012 06:49 PM

We know. There was this hurricane thing, you may have heard about it. :-) It kind of disrupted our workflow.

It's a high priority for us, but at this point it may have to wait until after the election, unfortunately. We're just running out of time.

6. 6 Posted by David Nir on 01 Dec, 2012 12:22 AM

Hey. Just wondering if there had been any luck here isolating this issue. Thank you.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by elfling on 03 Dec, 2012 06:49 PM

Jason has a fix for it but has not had a chance to implement it yet. I'll remind him that you're anxiously waiting.

8. 8 Posted by David Nir on 05 Dec, 2012 04:38 AM

Don't know if it was intended to or not, but looks like the new push on Dec. 4 did not solve this problem. (I mention it only because I see that comment counts have moved up to the top.)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac