When "following" is a euphemism for stalking

gremlint

17 Jun, 2012 03:10 AM

Someone responded to me this morning with insults ("obsession" ... "creepy" ... "idiotic"), which is par for the course in cyberspace. But I also noticed that this person immediately put me on his "follow" list. (I'm guessing his gender, due to the aggressiveness.)

How do I prevent this person from following me? Does Daily Kos abet stalkers, or is there something I can do to nip this in the bud?

1. 1 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 17 Jun, 2012 05:47 AM

Following is not "stalking." The two users who are following you are probably doing that to keep an eye on you because you made hateful homophobic comments. You signed up two years ago and have made only three comments, all of which are homophobic, especially the last two--almost rabidly so. Comments like that will not win friends here. If you make hateful comments, expect to be called on them. Keep it up and you will end up being banned.

2. 2 Posted by weatherdude on 17 Jun, 2012 06:11 AM

When you leave a homophobic rant that makes one long for an intelligent conversation with a bowl of turkey innards, you lose all right to complain. One can only assume that the admins will be along shortly to ban you, therefore nipping this issue in the bud. God bless! And by "god bless," I obviously mean that I sincerely hope you step on a Lego.

3. 3 Posted by gremlint on 17 Jun, 2012 09:42 AM

"keep an eye on you"

Like the Stasi, I presume.  You're pathetic.

"lose all right to complain"

Thanks for revealing your bigotry — i.e., your extreme INTOLERANCE for any views contrary to your own.

4. 4 Posted by gremlint on 17 Jun, 2012 09:57 AM

Every time it comes up for a public vote, "gay marriage" goes down in flames, and 32 states have already banned it.

It's a cautionary tale to the shrill tiny minority that has shoved its subculture of gender ambiguity into people's faces every day, as they childishly scream at anyone who dares to disagree with them, "Bigots! Haters! Homophobes!"

Even the irrational misrepresentations by Otteray Scribe and weatherdude, directly above, provide examples of the hateful bigotry exhibited by the gay mafia.

The public is rejecting the attempt to browbeat conformity to the ideology of cultural Marxism.  The intimidation tactics are backfiring.

Blowback writ large.

5. 5 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 17 Jun, 2012 12:12 PM

The Help Desk is not the place to air disagreements, rant or engage in lengthy discussion of issues that are more properly addressed in the comment section of diaries or in open threads. It is for asking questions and getting them answered. Whether you agree or disagree is immaterial.

elfing, I think this user has had his/her question answered. Might want to close this discussion.

6. 6 Posted by gremlint on 17 Jun, 2012 06:10 PM

"more properly addressed in the comment section"

Where they are "properly" censored.

This little episode demonstrates in spades why anarchists never trust Marxists — who have a proclivity for violence and conformity.

7. 7 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 17 Jun, 2012 09:40 PM

Your question has been asked and answered. The Help Desk is not a forum for debate. I responded to your observations at the link below. If you wish to respond to me, just click "Reply to This" at the bottom of my comment there.

http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1099517/46462574#c139

8. 8 Posted by gremlint on 18 Jun, 2012 03:37 PM

No, Otteray, you're wrong, as usual.  My question has not been answered:  How do I prevent this person from following me?

Cultural Marxists are so dishonest and disgusting.

9. 9 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 18 Jun, 2012 03:54 PM

OK, here is the answer as simply as I can put it. There is no way you can force a user to not follow another user. You can send them a private request via KosMail, and if they feel like it, they may unclick the 'follow' icon under your avatar. Good luck with that! You cannot make someone not be in your following list. I see that the 'Spinning Vase of Doom' is now one of your followers as well. Interesting but not surprising.

Now that your question has been answered, suggest you respond to future communications in the Comments section or write a Diary/Post on your ideas instead of cluttering up the Help Desk.

10. 10 Posted by aoeu on 18 Jun, 2012 04:34 PM

A strong aroma of rotting flesh . . .

11. 11 Posted by gremlint on 18 Jun, 2012 05:12 PM

I am sure that none of you clowns would last long in a fair debate without censorship.  That's why you're losing in spades at the polls.  The public recognizes your thuggery.

12. 12 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 18 Jun, 2012 05:33 PM

elfing, I believe this discussion is finished. You might wish to close it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac