Poll result graph issue

Villanova Rhodes

14 Mar, 2019 11:33 PM

I'm ignoring the innuendo in it, but this comment notes an actual problem in the Beto/poll diary by Wildlander:
https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1842159/73263394#comment_73263394
It's a moving target so may not look the same once you read this comment, but at the moment, the graph bars for 1, 2, and 6% all look the same size, while 3% (Harris) is smaller than 1%.

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 15 Mar, 2019 01:12 AM

The problem can also be seen in the straw polls kos has been running. In the most recent one, for instance, the bar for Cory Booker with 1% is larger than the bar for Amy Klobuchar with 2% which is larger than the bar for Beto O'Rourke with 4% which is larger than the bar for Sherrod Brown with 3 %.

So the bars make it appear that 1 > 2 > 4 > 3. I agree that 4 is larger than 3, but the other relations seem different from what I remember learning in grade school.

There are more than 2,200 comments on that diary, which (for me at least) makes it hard to load if one tries to open the diary, but one can see the graph easily by opening kos' profile and then clicking the diaries link at the top.to bring up the opening text of kos' most recent diaries. The March 4 poll comes up at the top, and if you hit page down a few times you can also see the bar graphs for the February 19 and February 4 straw polls, which display the same distortion.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Mar, 2019 03:32 AM

Thank you for the alert.
    We do know of the issue and it has been ticketed. I'd guess odds for fixing it soon are pretty good. Sorry for the annoyance and thanks for your patience.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 15 Mar, 2019 03:32 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac