Please don't force actions on me!!

Terry Johnson (unverified)

13 May, 2017 03:30 AM

I really want to read the articles that come to me in the digest, but every time I click on one I get an annoying and persistent call to some kind of action. The action pop-up freezes up my computer and I can't read anything. Please, please, please, don't force me to look at calls to action! If I want to do something let me have to click on something, not have my screen freeze up every time!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 May, 2017 03:50 PM

Thanks for expressing your dissatisfaction; sorry you find it a hindrance.

The normal function would not to have the pop-up result in a site freeze; what should happen is for you to click "Skip action" and have it disappear. And then, the site should operate without a hitch.

Not knowing what system you're on, we can't help you troubleshoot with much confidence about why this is happening. But I'm going to guess that you have some kind of adblocker, or perhaps a cookie-blocker, in operation. To see if this is the case, or if there's another add-on/extension you have that's generating this undesirable behavior, try using your browser in safe or incognito mode. That should disable all but the basic browser functions and give you an indication thereby if something that works on your browser in normal mode is the source of the problem.

We'll keep an eye out for your update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac