Editing bug

Craig234

12 May, 2017 07:04 AM

I notice several times when I hit backspace to correct typing, it moves about 5 characters back.

Then, the last few characters can't be backspaced - I have to highlight them and hit backspace to remove them.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 May, 2017 09:38 PM

Hmm. That's unusual.
    Sorry that it's happening; thanks for asking.
    It might just be that the site loaded poorly the last time you opened it. The standard way to get a clean slate, in effect, is to clear your cookies and site data, then logout, close your browser, reopen it and log back in. Try that and see if it helps.
    If it persists, please feel free to return. We'd want to know the OS and browser you're using, and also whether you've installed any add-ons or extensions recently.
    Good luck.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 12 May, 2017 09:38 PM.

3. Craig234 re-opened this discussion on 13 May, 2017 03:41 AM

4. 2 Posted by Craig234 on 13 May, 2017 03:41 AM

Thanks - it's been happening for a week or more, across different windows and is not easy to reproduce but has happened I'd say over a dozen times.

It's on Windows 10 Pro on Chrome, with no add-ons I can think of. I can try the cleaning.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac