Broken jpegs

Stude Dude

11 May, 2017 02:40 AM

Most of the jpegs on just this site seem to be broken in the past day and a half.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by OceanDiver on 18 May, 2017 07:10 PM

Thanks elfling for the work you're doing under the hood. I appreciate the explanation, and it's nice to have the grace period to work out a more permanent solution. From here, the results of your fix have been -

On the iMac: the icons and thumbnails have reappeared throughout the site, including at the image library, so now at least I can get photos that way. I'm still unable to import photobucket images at all on the desktop.
    On the ipad: I can import photobucket images after clicking ok on the window that pops up saying the adjustment will be added to the code.
    Net effect for me: Composition on the ipad is still very cumbersome, with some things impossible, so what I'm doing now is loading images into a draft on the ipad and then doing most of the diary composition on the imac.

I hear you about photobucket having a problem with secure code. If they haven't upgraded by next year to a form that will load onto DK, I guess I'll have to find another photo host.

....unless DK improves the quality of images out of the image library. Speaking of which, I have a question. The title photo, which MUST come from the IL, is very good quality, in size and resolution. Is there a way to make photos in the body of the diary like that? If so, I wouldn't need to use an external photo host.

Thanks again for your understanding for those of us who have older machines, and giving us space to find a solution to modernize. I am starting to save for that now.

2. Support Staff 32 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 May, 2017 07:24 PM

No worries! We just wanted to know how things were going. The fishing we were doing was for information, not compliments. :)

Sounds like at least for the two of you they're better, though not completely. We might have more to suggest, though as for the addition of hours to the day things aren't looking too promising.

3. 33 Posted by The Marti on 18 May, 2017 08:52 PM

I'm still having trouble with mine.
    FWIW I'm running a two year old laptop with Chrome. I store my pics in
    PhotoBucket.

Other people have said they're not having probs, so ??

Before the switch, neither did I.

Thanks for all your hard work; I grumble, but I do appreciate it!

4. 34 Posted by OceanDiver on 18 May, 2017 09:02 PM

Marti,
    If the DK image library improved the quality of how they display our images, ie. more like how our pix show up imported as code from photobucket, would you start storing your pics in the IL? I mean for the size and quality of the TITLE image. The images that display in the body of diary from the IL are small and fuzzy....that's the problem.

I'm still unable to import photobucket using my imac/safari, so you're not alone with your problem.

5. 35 Posted by The Marti on 18 May, 2017 09:29 PM

Last Friday and again on Monday, I used the IL for my Pootie Diaries. The
    main problem with the IL is that there is no way to sort pics, aside from
    the tags. Do you know how many pootie tags are out there?? lol lol

The other issue is that all my pics are either on my hard drive or in Photo
    Bucket...which means I have to download from PB to my h/d, upload to
    IL...and that's if I want to use pics I already have. If I go for new ones
    that I want to edit or caption...the time gets longer.

I really thought that by now I'd be able to use my PB pics again. The
    cockeyed optimist, that's me. :-)

Look at it this way...at least we don't have to do all our own coding,
    etc. 

6. 36 Posted by jbob on 19 May, 2017 02:42 AM

OK, since you asked. I'll add that my issue with not being able to embed any images from photobucket in comments on a computer running windows 7 and internet explorer 11 has not changed. When I try to put an image in nothing happens. No pop up message about adding the "s", nothing. I tried turning off the pop up blocker and that didn't change anything. I will paste an example below of what I get from the photobucket site copied to my clipboard in the I.E. browser.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg484/jbob1/bobcat_zpsvjgqp011.jpg

I'll also attach a jpeg file of the bobcat who shared some time with me today for your viewing pleasure. This is the photo that was uploaded to photobucket and the embed code above is for.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac