FACEBOOK DOESN'T LET ME REPOST ARTICLES FROM DAILY KOS ANYMORE.

Migueldart

10 May, 2017 10:56 PM

FACEBOOK IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO REPOST ARTICLES FROM DAILY KOS.
THE ICON OF FB INSIDE A CIRCLE NEXT TO THE TWEETER ICON DOESN'T SHOW THE NUMBER OF REPOSTINGS OF ANY ARTICLE, SO I CAN'T REPOST LIKE I USED TO ONLY 4 DAYS AGO.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 May, 2017 02:41 PM

Sorry that you are having some difficulty here.

Is there something you did to your own setup four days ago? Because on the platforms I routinely use to read the site, both functions -- the share display and the ability to share -- are working properly.

I'm asking about changes to your setup because some browser extensions designed to protect users' internet privacy do so by blocking requests to tracking 3rd party services. We see it most commonly when people have difficulty sharing stories to Facebook. "Disconnect" is one example of this kind of add-on or plug-in, but there is a whole class of them.

If this is the case for your browser, it's probably possible for you to disable this extension for Daily Kos if you choose. In any case, you may still share posts via copy&paste to your own timeline, though that's not as convenient as using the share button.

It's not necessarily the same issue causing a problem with the display of the FB share count, but it's possible.

The other troubleshooting we recommend is for you to clear your cache, including cookies and other site data, for Daily Kos. It's possible that the site simply isn't loading properly for you, and clearing your cache can remedy that problem.

Thanks for asking. We appreciate your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 11 May, 2017 02:41 PM.

3. Migueldart re-opened this discussion on 11 May, 2017 10:50 PM

4. 2 Posted by Migueldart on 11 May, 2017 10:50 PM

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 12 May, 2017 09:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac