Dailykos pop ups are broken.

Old Tom Cat (unverified)

10 May, 2017 06:57 PM

The pop ups that appear when I select a dailykos article pop up OK; but they are virtually impossible to eliminate. This broken system will make it very difficult to choose any dailykos article in the future. Too bad, too, as some are very worthy of review. Dailykos should do everything possible to eliminate this very negative aspect of their content.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 May, 2017 07:29 PM

Thanks for commenting here; sorry you're having a problem.

Could you be a little more specific about what you mean by pop-ups? Are you talking about ads, about the petition requests, or both?

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Cady (un... on 11 May, 2017 01:58 PM

Petition requests, primarily. They do not go away when the close button is pushed. They totally block the article and I have to go out of the link to get rid of it. I used to enjoy the articles on the dailykos, but this problem makes them unreadable.

Sent from my iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 May, 2017 02:12 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks. Are you reading the site on an iPad then? Which version, and which OS? We need to be able to replicate the problem to find out what's causing it. Thanks again.

I'll leave this post open to see if others will report similar issues.

4. 4 Posted by Thomas Cady (un... on 12 May, 2017 02:09 PM

Yes, an iPad, version 8.1.3...

Sent from my iPad

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac