Unsubscribe will not work

Debra Pritchard (unverified)

19 Mar, 2017 10:30 PM

I have tried for days to unsubscribe and get "Error 1005 - Access Denied". When I try to opt out of the 'important emails" I am shown a page with nothing on it.

I understand that it is intended to make it difficult to unsubscribe, but this doesn't help your reputation.

Please unsubscribe me from ALL Daily Kos emails of any sort. Sadly, because of this, I will check all petitions not for topic but for source, and will not be signing those sent from your site.

I feel that we need to be transparent and truthful.especially with such mean fools in the white house.

Debra Pritchard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2017 05:58 PM

It is absolutely our intent that our unsubscribe function work correctly and properly the first time, and absolutely our desire to only send emails to people who actively want them. We do hear from people who don't see the link, but this is the first time anyone has reported encountering an error message of this sort. We'll investigate further. I'm sorry you had so much trouble unsubscribing.

I have made sure that you are now unsubscribed at this email address. You are correct in surmising that the act of signing petitions sponsored by Daily Kos would get you back on the email list.

Please let us know here at Help Desk if you get any more emails although you have NOT signed another petition. Thanks, and apologies again for the inconvenience.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2017 05:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac