Can't recommend...won't let me

grannygrey50

19 Mar, 2017 07:13 PM

Can't 'recommend' AGAIN today for about the third time...in a week..on current diaries.. I am logged in, I can do reply but I cannot 'recommend'.. I have again read several articles with outstanding comments and I would like to recommend but am unable to get the "recommend' to highlight.. I can reply..but there are times I don't want to. If the comment has been made in the last couple of hours there is no reason for this to happen. I can recommend the entire article..but not any comment.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 19 Mar, 2017 09:03 PM

I'm wondering whether perhaps you're trying to recommend comments that are more than 24 hours old. I've had the experience myself of reading the time and not the date, and not realizing the comment had gone out of recommendability, because the time seemed only a couple of hours ago...

In any case, Diary recommendability is forever, though the Tip Jar can only be recommended for 3 days, and other comments for only 24 hours.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2017 12:53 PM

Thanks for asking, gg50. And thanks, siab, for pointing this time limit out as one possible culprit.
    One correction, however: the Tip Jar remains open for recommendations for seven days.
    Posts are open for comment replies for nine days, just as an extra FYI for you, gg50.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2017 12:53 PM.

4. grannygrey50 re-opened this discussion on 20 Mar, 2017 01:30 PM

5. 3 Posted by grannygrey50 on 20 Mar, 2017 01:30 PM

I was reading the date..and the post I was commenting on was literally just
    done within the 2 hour time frame on that day....I realize there is a time
    limit (I learned the hard way). But the article date was also the same day
    I was commenting on...

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2017 05:11 PM

Thank you for clarifying.
    The other issue that arises sometimes to confound people in this way is related to incomplete site loading.
    When this happens, then start with a hard refresh of the page you're on. That usually is enough to get the page to load properly. If THAT doesn't work, then try closing and reopening your browser.
    If neither fix works, then the next step is to clear your cache for the site. When it gets too full, then new information doesn't load well. (After you do that, just for good measure you may want to logout of the site, close your browser, reboot your computer, then reverse the steps to get back into the site and the page you want.)
    And if that doesn't suffice, then we will need to talk about any possible conflicts you may have with add-ons or extensions to your browser. The site generally does not work well with them, almost across the board, and the site's failure to load properly is usually a good indication of an incompatibility that way.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac