no image visible in a comment

fll7612

18 Mar, 2017 06:16 PM

Hi
Frequently when Besame comments and post an image in a diary, there is a large, empty rectangle. I think it happens when she embeds an image from facebook as there are times when I see the image she posts. Is it something on my end as often others see the image that is invisible to me? You can see an example in today's bucket http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/18/1636415/-The-Daily-Bucket-A-stroll-through-London-s-Brompton-Cemetery#view-story
Thank you,
Filly

1. 1 Posted by Michael Kal on 18 Mar, 2017 11:00 PM

In looking at a Daily Bucket Diary, I was unable to view an image that was generated from Facebook. I use Firefox as my browser of choice. When I scrolled down the page and opened a YouTube video, I decided to look at it on a larger screen by going to Chrome and using my Chromecast device. The same Daily Kos images missing on Firefox were visible on Chromecast, so the current issues may be browser related.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Mar, 2017 02:38 PM

Thank you for asking here and giving us a chance to sort this out with you. Thanks due also to Besame for encouraging you to come over.

We do need a few more details to be able to suss this out, particularly because in the two browsers I've used to look at the story and comments so far, namely Firefox and Safari, there are no display issues. So please tell me, both of you, what operating system and browser you're using -- and also any extensions or add-ons you might have installed as well. We'll take it from there.

3. 3 Posted by Michael Kal on 28 Mar, 2017 08:43 PM

This is a continuing issue since a new Firefox update this morning. Pictures and a video were invisible when I opened yesterdays diary from Besame. I am using Windows 10 and Firefox (today's update)

4. 4 Posted by Besame on 29 Mar, 2017 02:39 AM

Someone told me that the FB embeds were visible now (within the past few days but I forget who said that and where - wasn't in yesterday's DB).

A separate issue with FB embeds that I'll add here (and you can divide it off if you need to) is hard to describe. Bear with me. If I embed right away from an embed code I saved in a file or directly from FB it works fine. If I copy it to move within a diary draft or from one published diary to another (as an image/video) from where I embedded it (as in a diary draft), the whole frame doesn't transfer. Usually what I get is the top half of the image. Oddly, the video often plays but you can only see the top half. I have to click on the image to go to the source on FB and copy the embed code again and use that to move the image/video.

thanks for persisting with this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac