Mobile site not loading, again

Waimer

13 Mar, 2017 10:13 PM

All day today, the mobile site is not loading, just the banner. Even if I type m.dailykos. This happens every few weeks. Also today, when I clicked on articles from FB, it was loading an unformatted desktop version, starting with the words Log In with a blue underline, then a big space for your flag graphic. I only use phone and the full site is almost unreadable on phone; I only use it to check for replies to my comments. . I've never found a Mobile Site link on the full site. Also, as I type this comment, it has very wide lines so I can't always see what I'm typing. I wrote to you months ago about it displaying desktop version and you just suggested typing m but that didn't work. Other sites are displaying fine. Oh, the FB problem just partly cleared up: I can now see FB articles in mobile view, but if I click for the front page of Mobile from there, it still goes to unformatted. One more thing: If I type a comment on mobile view, is there any way to be notified of Likes or Cokmwbt, excuse me Comments, without checking the full site every few minutes? -User Waimer

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Mar, 2017 03:56 PM

Thanks for asking. Sorry that you are running into these problems.

So far, we have had uniformly successful results for users on iOS 10.2+ if they use this URL to access the mobile site: https://m.dailykos.com
    It is true, unfortunately, that this is not a one-time fix; if you then go to an http page within the site for some reason, you may have to reset it. But this has been reliable to date.

I'm not exactly sure why you're getting some partial loading via the FB page, but we'll keep our ears open for similar issues.

Funny you should ask about comment notifications. We are currently in the middle of a gradual rollout of exactly that feature. Users will get an email -- to the email we have on record for their account -- when someone replies to one of their comments. (We aren't sending notifications for likes.) Whether to receive such notifications will be an option that people can choose on every comment. Looks like an idea whose time has come!

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 03:56 PM.

3. Amy Rose re-opened this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 08:04 PM

4. 2 Posted by Amy Rose (unver... on 14 Mar, 2017 08:04 PM

Thanks. Yay, comment notices! That may be why I get reset to desktop view when I check. All problems have magically cleared up today. So is there a Mobile View Link on the desktop view? If so, please tell me exactly where or send a screenshot. Again I must compliment you on the readable design of the mobile version! Easy on the eyes!

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Mar, 2017 12:49 AM

Hi again --

Yes, when you're on a mobile device and using the full site, there IS a link to use to return to the m. view. To find it, scroll alllll the way to the bottom of the home/front page, just above the dark gray footer (with all the masthead kind of information). It's in orange, View Mobile Site, right next to the RSS link.

Hope that helps.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 16 Mar, 2017 12:49 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac