Ok guys you still have serious problems (update)

delver rootnose

13 Mar, 2017 05:47 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Ok guys you still have serious problems.

Recently no. The site still does not handle very active diaries or ones with very large numbers of comments well but that is at least understandable, somewhat. And there are still problems with embedded youtubes going blank, with audio, after a few seconds but that has been going on for quite a while. And the spell checker does seem to conflict with the Apple spellchecker sometimes as well but that again has been going on for a while and is not quite debilitating.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2017 06:01 PM

Thanks for your detailed reply. It's good to hear that the ad disruption is not current.

I split this off because I wanted to keep this in the original thread, yet I wanted to reply to one of your questions, without sending the reply to everyone else in the thread.

On the iPads running iOS10, that disappearance of embedded YouTube videos has been ticketed. But until it gets fixed, there is a workaround.

While you can still see the embed, click on the little curvy arrow at the top right. The display will change to show the video's URL plus a number of icons. Click on the three dots or the URL, and then you'll have the option of being able to hear/see the video on YouTube.

I'll look into the spellchecker conflict. That one might be a little tough to track down.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2017 06:01 PM.

3. delver rootnose re-opened this discussion on 13 Mar, 2017 06:13 PM

4. 2 Posted by delver rootnose on 13 Mar, 2017 06:13 PM

I put this in the other thread as well but the slow response to typing is back. Not quite as bad as before but still annoying where as you type the response is slow and balky. I think it is because of the credit kharma ad.
    Also doing what you say for YouTube is kinda hard as the whole screen goes white quickly. What I usually do is just immediately hit the expand arrows in the lower right corner and then it expands and doesn't disappear.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2017 06:44 PM

Yes, thanks for the latest. Sorry that this is such a frequent occurrence.
    I'm going to leave that thread open over there to see if the others who have commented on the thread earlier also have relevant updates.
    Whatever works for you on the YouTube in the meantime.... Thanks for the additional tip. Not a permanent condition, I expect.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2017 06:44 PM.

7. delver rootnose re-opened this discussion on 13 Mar, 2017 06:58 PM

8. 4 Posted by delver rootnose on 13 Mar, 2017 06:58 PM

Is there a way you can limit the amount of processor resources or lower the priority of the animated repeating ads. Or limit the time the scripts within them run. I can handle a slow load or two or delay while it runs once or twice but as they get more complicated and my device gets older I just wish they would go away. But I can't afford to subscribe and really it isn't all ads so why deprive you of the revenues.

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Mar, 2017 05:35 PM

Good questions. I'll investigate. Thanks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac