Newsletter delivery to my email

lollypat

10 Mar, 2017 07:49 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Newsletter delivery to my email

This happened to me too. I've signed up numerous times after the newsletter disappeared but never received anything.

1. 1 Posted by marysrn on 10 Mar, 2017 09:28 PM

Kos has stopped sending to me. Of like it back!

2. 2 Posted by lollypat on 11 Mar, 2017 03:49 AM

Did DailyKos ever start sending you their newsletter? They never sent me mine!!

Sent from my iPad

3. 3 Posted by marysrn on 11 Mar, 2017 06:34 PM

No!

4. 4 Posted by mickeyhage on 11 Mar, 2017 11:14 PM

I have the SAME problem!! Read d kos for years and suddenly off the mail list????
    I tried to get back on- as, we all need the real news now- if EVER______ !!!
    I gotta say though, I LOVE the cat pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP AGAIN
    [email blocked]
    thanks
    Mrs. Mickey Hage

5. 5 Posted by lollypat on 16 Mar, 2017 09:52 AM

What do I do to get on the mail list again? Does anyone know? Do I still have an account? How do I find out? And where are all the cat pics?
    LollyPat at [email blocked]

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Mar, 2017 04:18 PM

Hi, all--

Thanks for your eagerness to get back on the Daily Kos Recommended Email list.

It looks to me that lollypat did succeed. Please let me know in a new ticket if you don't start getting the emails.

For mickeyhage and marysrn, I have instructions to explain how you can get back on the list.

Somehow, the organization through which we send our emails, Action Network, has had its mail marked as Spam at your address. It might have been an accident, but now it's done. In order to start sending them to you again, Action Network needs to have two things in writing from you. That information must come directly from you, not from us as a go-between.

So please write to
    info AT actionnetwork DOT org
    (replacing AT and DOT with the necessary symbols, and closing up the spaces) with two pieces of information in that email. 1) Request that your email be removed from the "global block list" to enable you to resubscribe to Action Network emails from Daily Kos.
    2) Pledge that you will not mark these emails as spam.

The staff there should respond promptly and put you back on the list.

Please let us know if the process does not work. You should receive a reply within a reasonable amount of time from Action Network indicating that they have fulfilled your request.

7. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 16 Mar, 2017 04:18 PM.

8. marysrn re-opened this discussion on 16 Mar, 2017 11:02 PM

9. 7 Posted by marysrn on 16 Mar, 2017 11:02 PM

There doesn't seem to be any place to give Action Network the information you suggested. Maybe I could sign up for Daily Kos with my full name?

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Mar, 2017 05:05 PM

Hi again --

Sorry, my instructions were not clear.

You can send Action Network an email from your own email account.

It needs to go to info and then the rest of the email address is actionnetwork.org
    If I were to write that out as a normal email address, putting the @ sign in between info and the domain name, then our software here at Help Desk will filter it out. That's even more frustrating than getting around it this way.

Does that help clarify what you need to do? Also on your end, you need to make sure that your own email will accept our emails as legitimate. Some people's spam filters are set very tightly. Our emails come from -- and again, the substitution is necessary here --
    campaigns AT dailykos DOT com

You could make a new account. But it might run into the same problem.

Thanks for asking.

11. 9 Posted by Nancy Ingle (un... on 31 Mar, 2017 07:43 PM

Please do not send any information to this site. Thank you Nancy Ingle

12. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2017 08:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac