E-mails have stopped - again

Bob Purse (unverified)

07 Mar, 2017 01:26 AM

Hi,

My daily l-mails stopped several weeks ago, and I was contacted and told that I had to request to receive them again, and promise not to mark them as spam.

I did that, even though I hadn't marked them as spam, and started receiving the e-mails again a few days later. Now they've stopped again, as of Friday. I wrote to the same e-mail address again, specifying that I won't mark the e-mails as spam (and that I never have), and have heard nothing. Not sure what to do.

Bob

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Mar, 2017 10:17 PM

Bob --

Thanks for asking. I did some digging to find out what I could about your circumstance, and I have mixed news for you.

I'd like to give you a little bit of context first. The regulations about mass emails are stringent, and email providers (hosts like aol) have their own policies as well to discourage spammers. On occasion, as happened to you earlier, our innocuous and legitimate email is labeled as spam at some point in the process, usually when it arrives at the destination email. When that happens, then the regulations stipulate that the sender (in our case, Action Network) needs to have confirmed, in writing, a request from the intended recipient for reinstatement stating the email was labeled spam in error.

You sent that to our emailer, Action Network, and they did what you requested -- removed the block. But they won't do it twice. That's for their protection (and ours, frankly) because penalties against spammers are steep, and they and we don't want to come close to pushing the limits of acceptable behavior.

You can resubscribe, but at this point you'll need to use a different email address as the recipient. Once you do set that up, it'll be important for you to make sure that your spam filters on your incoming email are set in such a way to accept our emails without challenge.

Sorry not to have an easier solution for you. We do appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2017 10:17 PM.

3. rasmaster re-opened this discussion on 17 Mar, 2017 11:09 PM

4. 2 Posted by rasmaster (unve... on 17 Mar, 2017 11:09 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. But.... nothing went to spam. I read the e-mails every day, and can look at my spam before I delete it. I literally never had any daily Kos items in my spam folder. I'd read them, click the links and read more of what I wanted to, and then delete them. This is really frustrating.

Bob

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Mar, 2017 11:20 PM

I'm very sorry. Can you check with your aol host to see what's up as far as they know? The emails might have been blocked even before reaching your spam folder. It might take some persistence to get a clear and thorough answer.

If nothing else, that might help explain what went wrong so you can make sure to avoid it in the future.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac